...so I get to celebrate another first today....
Projectile vomiting in the backseat of the car! The story goes like this:
We get off the freeway on our way home from school. I hear, "mommy, my tummy hurts." I asked him if he needed to go potty; he said he did and I told him we were almost home and he could go as soon as we get there...silently hoping there would not be an "accident" in the car. A few minutes later he starts crying. Not typical behavior for my son, so I knew he really was not ok. I try to reassure him while not plowing into other cars on the street. ....then I hear it...it could only be the sound of...spewing. Dread and panic set in. I look in the rear view mirror only to see his hand over his mouth and the chunks flying between his fingers. I can laugh now..it was quite a sight. I begin to rack my brain: what do I do? Do I have anything to clean it up with? Do I pull over? Do I call Gary? All while reasurring my crying, barfing son who has puked all over himself, his carseat, some story books and a stuffed panda. I decide to pull over and search my trunk for anything useful and find an old carwashing shammy and nasty dish towel. Fortunately, Gary was already home and I called to have him on standby with towels as soon as I pulled up.
Anyway, after the clean up crew (i.e. myself) got it all clean, Ethan seems to be just fine. No fever, no flu like symptoms. Now we have to decide whether or not to send him to school tomorrow.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
seems like you didn't miss out on many "firsts." did you save a chunk for the memory book :)
aawwee...poor little guy. Glad there was no lasting effects...if there's any hint of a *scent* left..BAKING SODA will do wonders. Just sprinkle it in your car, let sit then vacuum up. ;-)
Post a Comment