Monday, February 11, 2008

Quilter Needed!!!

I'm very close to having Kai's 100 good wishes for his 100 good wishes quilt. I'm currently at about 80 squares and the last 20 are trickling in. I had one prospect via the internet, but she is no longer doing quilts.

I had set aside a little money to pay someone to assemble the quilt. However, it is not nearly enough to pay the professional quilters that are being suggested to me. We are planning on traveling in about 3-5 months and I would REALLY like to have his quilt completed by the time we leave. There is not quite enough time to save more money for quilting. Although I appreciate the encouragement from others that I could do it myself, there is not enough time for me to learn to quilt AND put it all together, nor do I have the funds or space in my house for a sewing machine.

Sooooo.....If any of you quilts or knows someone who does, please contact me. I'm only hoping for a simple "sew all 100 pieces together" quilt. You can reach me via e-mail: Ninacesena@yahoo.com

1 comment:

The Olson's said...

Hi Nina,
This is Traci's mother, Darla. I believe we met at the Garber's BBQ last summer. I am the coordinator for "Stitches for Jesus" and have done some quilting. I would be honored to assist you in finishing off Kai's quilt. Traci can give you my home phone number. I'm looking forward to your call.
God Bless,
Darla Olson