Friday, September 21, 2007

Panda Blanket

As you may know, I've decided to decorate the baby's room with a "panda bear" theme. Of course, standard baby design at places like "Baby's R Us" does not include panda bears. I've been hunting for a panda bear blanket that I could use in the baby's crib, but have been unlucky. I even have been searching (and google/ebay searching) for panda fabric that I could make a blanket with. Not that I know how to make a blanket, but I was going to worry about that later. After all, I would have plenty of time to learn.

I was doing a random google search for a cute clip art picture of pandas when I came across a picture of a panda blanket on a website for a lady that makes custom blankets. I FOUND MY PANDA BLANKET!!!!! I can't wait to post a picture. It's light green and has little pandas and dragon flies on it. The backing is satin and she will add filling to make it quilt-like. She will even embroider the baby's name on the back (Grace). I'll post pics as soon as I get it!

PS - if you happen to see other cute panda "things" for a baby's room, let me know!

2 comments:

Carol said...

It is such a great feeling when the you find the blanket or something else that is "just right" for baby's room. I am glad you are back to blogging! I was a tad worried you had left us. - Carol

Snowflowers Mum said...

Hey, I have a yard and a half of panda fleece...it's cute! If you buy a coordinating fleece backing you can make a tie blanket...no sew..kids LOVE them!

Let me know, and I'll send it your way!

Hayley